Monday, May 10, 2010

My Longing

Another morning,
Another day has arrived
Oh LORD, I wish to spend it with you,
My hidden pearl
With each passing day
When my soul did not feel renewed, alive.
Unfaithfulness is my name
To let this flesh desire after things of this world.

The lust of the flesh,
The lust of the eyes,
The pride of life
LORD, my sin is a stench
I am a fool, to walk blind and believe the lies.
To think this world has something to offer, that it can satisfy.

Truly I am a foreigner
A stranger in a foreign land
Longing for your Heavenly Kingdom.
I must rely on you Father
Help me in my weakness; hold me in the palm of your hands.
Deliver me from darkness, may your will be done.

For you, and you alone can truly satisfy,
Fulfill to my souls contentment
LORD, have all of me, my heart is yours.
Oh that I walk humbly in your light
I cry for mercy and grace to follow of my repentance,
Of my unfaithfulness, I fall short, I realize Lord; I am not of this world.

Without you I am nothing,
Possessions I am abandoning
For a love that is never ending
A heavenly treasure that is rewarding
My soul is anticipating
Waiting for a King who is coming
I need to keep persevering
Avoid the dangers of compromising
Lord, may I begin each morning,
After you I seek earnestly,
That you be my passion each day Lord, be my longing.

By
Aaron Guadarrama

1 John 2:15-17 NLT
15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.

No comments: