Friday, December 31, 2010

Year of Reflection

It was a year of reflection
Making an observation
Trying to understand where you are leading me to

I needed revelation
I found myself in desperation
Asking, seeking, and knocking on the door for truth


Learning from mistakes of yesterday’s past oh how I misjudged
While tomorrow have enough of its own worrisome
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge
Lord I was a fool to despise wisdom and discipline

So all I have is this very moment called today
For tomorrow is never promised to us
Yesterday’s been recorded and now it’s gone its way
I give everything over to you Lord because it’s you I trust

Teach me to overcome my fears, for I want to walk by faith
Not be discouraged by what I hear or doubt what my natural eyes see
Today is the day that the Lord hath made; today Lord I seek your face
That I live a life of love and clothe with humility

Despite my weaknesses, unfaithfulness
Your grace, your sovereignty, your mighty hand has failed me not
Salvation begins in forgiveness
For I know you are faithful my God

You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing your word says
Be my desire Lord, my first love, that I hunger for, thirst for each and every day

All I have is this very moment called today
For tomorrow is never promised to us
Yesterday’s been recorded and now it’s gone its way
I give everything over to you Lord because it’s you I trust

~aaron guadarrama


Psalm 145:13 (NIV)

Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through all generations.
The LORD is faithful to all his promises
and loving toward all he has made.

No comments: