Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pieces

I once was lost,
Broken pieces of my life were on the floor
But now I'm found.
I am set free by the love of Christ.

He paid the cost,
And opened the door,
Broke the chains that had me bound.
He's picking up the broken pieces of my life.

I passed from death to life when He went to the cross.
He died so I can live.
In Jesus I put my faith and trust,
And now I live for Him.
Nothing in this world can get your heart on fire,
Nothing in this world can truly satisfy.
If you let Christ be your true desire,
He'll pick up the broken pieces of your life.

My life was heading in so many directions,
Was running away from God making excuses.
It was all about sex and booze,
Who can I take advantage today and use?

I cannot change the sins of the past,
My shameful regrets,
Ashamed of the secret things I have done.
But God has made for me all things new that will last,
My past sins He promises to forget,
And a future to live with Him in His eternal Kingdom.

I passed from death to life when He went to the cross.
He died so I can live.
In Jesus I put my faith and trust,
And now I live for Him.
Nothing in this world can get your heart on fire,
Nothing in this world can truly satisfy.
If you let Christ be your true desire,
He'll pick up the broken pieces of your life.

Isaiah 44:22 (The Message)

“I've wiped the slate of all your wrongdoings. There's nothing left of your sins.Come back to me, come back. I've redeemed you."

(With Jesus Christ you can begin a clean slate today, and start a new beginning with Him forever.)





Do you know for certain that you have eternal life and that you will go to heaven when you die?
God’s purpose is that you have eternal life.

Is there any reason why you would not be willing to receive God’s gift of eternal life?

Are you willing to turn from your sin and place your faith in Jesus right now?
The bible says, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13)

Please read this prayer and see if you want to say something like this to God.

Dear Lord,

I believe you are the Son of God and that you died on the cross and was raised from the dead. I know I have sinned and need forgiveness. I turn away from my sins and receive you as my Savior and Lord. Thank you for saving me Jesus.


Welcome to the family of God. You have just made the most important decision of your life. You can be sure you are saved and have eternal life. Three things you must know, and God is there to guide you, as well as other Christians to encourage and support you.

1. You entered God’s family by a SPIRITUAL BIRTH, you are BORN AGAIN.
2. GOD’s WORD is essential for spiritual growth just as food is for physical growth. “Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.” (1 Peter 2:2-3)

· God’s Word will help you grow: READ IT DAILY.
· God’s Word will guide you: HEAR IT TAUGHT AND PREACHED
· God’s Word will keep you from sin: MEMORIZE AND OBEY IT
· God’s Word will teach you how to live: STUDY IT
· God’s Word will inspire you: MEDITATE ON IT
· God’s Word will work: PRACTICE IT

Prayer is essential to spiritual growth just as breath is to physical growth.
Praying is like breathing:

· As you exhale, talk to God.
· As you inhale, listen to God.

Talk to Him anytime:

· You want to worship Him
· You need help
· You feel lonely
· You need strength
· You want guidance
· You are tempted
· You sin or fail (If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.) 1 John 1:9

3. THE CHURCH is essential to spiritual growth just as the home is to a baby’s growth. What a good home and family are to a baby, the church is to a new Christian.

God’s people, the church, are your new family; find a church that you will spiritually grow in the love of Christ.

· They will rejoice that you have been born again.
· They will accept you and love you.
· They will encourage you and give you support
· They will teach you and train you how to live.
· They will worship God with you.

No comments: