Thursday, August 6, 2009

Made Right in His Love

Oh Lord, why did it take so long for me to love you?
When you my Lord have loved me from the beginning,
Long before I was born.
You knew my name, before I came to be.

You knew in this life of mine what I would face and go through
But through it all your mercies reached me from your throne.
I had walked blind and foolish, until now you let me see.

I was searching but never finding true love.
Couldn’t find it in the lust of the flesh,
Lust of the eyes and in the pride of life.
This world kept my heart empty inside,
My heart had nothing to admire.

Until I learned you sent your one and only Son,
To be put on the cross, blameless, to be my sacrifice
You loved me that much, you sought after me, and you found me,
To be with you forever that was your heart’s desire.

What kind of devout love is this?
That would make man entirely whole?
A love beyond my understanding that I cannot dismiss.
A type of love that forgives my sins and restores my broken soul.
His compassion given from above, I’m made right in His love.

You may ask why the God of the universe?
Why the God of all creation would even think of this unworthy me?
Why he would ransom His only precious Son to the cross?
To offer you a pure everlasting unconditional sacred holy love
Made available for free.

This love is for eternity forevermore,
A love without remnant, it has no end
Just believe, have faith in the Savior
In the Christ that died for you my friend.

The restorer of broken hearts,
He was pierced through our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
We receive healing through his beaten scars,
Be made right with your voice of confession.

Be made whole, be born again,
He’s removed your shame.
Who tramples our sins under his feet
and throws them into the depths of the ocean!
Be made right in His love and call upon His name.
His compassion given from above,
My friend be made right in His love.

By
Aaron Guadarrama


Micah 7:19 (NASB)
He will again have compassion on us;
He will tread our iniquities under foot
Yes, You will cast all their sins
Into the depths of the sea.

No comments: