Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HOPE
Oh LORD,
This morning my soul is downcast,
My heart heavy in pain, feel forsaken.

Now gone the one I adored,
My life shattered like broken glass
Why was my precious one taken?

My mind floods with questions for reasons why?
Overwhelmed with tears that have soaked my bed.
My flesh in me wants to anger inside,
Wants to blame you instead.

So I am holding on to your promises
It’s all I know, what little strength I have to do.
Keep me in your presence where I hear angel choruses,
Lord, bring comfort and strength to my heart that I may worship you.

With anticipation, expectation, this confidence,
I put my hope, my trust in you.
Though I walk through the valley of death,
I know you are with me; your rod and staff will protect, and will see me through.

One day, I will see my precious again,
The comfort of knowing that it will come to past.
Knowing my precious is now in the arms of my loving savior, my friend,
To know only what you do for Christ will surely last.

He’s
Our
Peace
Eternally

By
Aaron Guadarrama
2009

Psalm 71:14 (CEV)
I will never give up hope
Or stop praising you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi son,
I know that all your poems are an
Inspiration, but I couldn't help but shed tears on this one. Only the ones that have lost loved ones can truly relate to this poem. Just to know that there is HOPE in our Savior. Again God has given a blessed gift to you. Hope someday soon you'll be able to publish them.
Love you, mom