Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Man After Your Own Heart

Oh Father in heaven above,
Your mercies are new every morning.
Oh how great is your love!
My heart worships you with praise and singing.

My heart burns within me,
To walk in your presence to be with you
Be drowned in the fragrance of your love.

To live out my life for my Savior, my King,
To desire and hunger for your truth,
To walk humbly before my loving God.

So my prayer is to be known more than just a proud son.
To be known more than just a loving father.
To be known more than just faithful husband,
To be known more than just a close brother.

To be known more than just a trusted friend,
To be known more than someone who trusted in your word, that I didn’t depart
To be known more than someone who extended a helping hand.
To be known more than anything this life of mine imparts.

Oh Lord, It is my sincere prayer,
That I always stay close and follow you,
Please don’t let me ever from you drift apart.

Let it be known, it is my heart’s one desire.
That I always remain true
My God, to be known that I was a man after your own heart.

By
Aaron I. Guadarrama
2009

The LORD will command His loving-kindness in the daytime;
And His song will be with me in the night,
A prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 42:8 (NASB)

No comments: